Tuesday, January 31, 2012

here to stay

So I know, I have once again been a terrible blogger and am truly sorry for abandoning y'all! To be honest, I think I am going through a blog identity crisis. Don't get me wrong...I love my blog...and I love my loyal followers. However, lately I have felt a transition coming on in my interests for 2012. While I will always write about design and fashion I feel like I am looking to turn my blog into a 'catch all' outlet. Lately I've been wanted to write book reviews and share cooking recipes. I've struggled with the idea of abandoning DapperDwelling and starting from fresh, but am please to announce that after some wise advice DapperDwelling is here to stay. So please join me on this journey as I broaden my subjects and build my up my blogging community!

To start us off I thought I would share the recipe of a delicious meal that I made last night. Although I have always been a relatively healthy eater, this year has me craving new grains, fresh veggies, and innovative meals. So here you have it folks...


1 cup quinoa (red or white)
2 cups water
2 sweet potatoes
½ sweet yellow onion
10 brussel sprouts
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup pine nuts
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Bring water to bowl in medium pan and stir in quinoa. Reduce heat down to low and cover for 10 minutes.

Peel and chop the sweet potatoes (I used white sweet potatoes) into bite size cubes. Clean and quarter the brussel sprouts and finely chop the onion. Add all veggies to a baking dish. Coat with olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper. Place baking dish in preheated over and cooking for 30 minutes.

In a small pan, lightly toast pine nuts until golden brown.

Once all components are done mix the quinoa, veggies, pine nuts, and cranberries together in a large bowl.

ENJOY! You are now one step closer to feeding your body a nutritious meal that will make you feel like a million bucks!

1 comment:

  1. Whoever was that, that recommended you keep your blog name...bravura!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs