Wednesday, January 19, 2011

flea market style

Well my friends this blog post is long overdue – and for that I am sorry. It is not until about 5pm each day that I realize just how quickly the day has slipped away from me. Perhaps it is our gigantic new office space that keeps me so dang busy, but regardless I have been a terrible blogger.

I have so much to say and oh so many things to post. I should start with a recap of Tahoe photos, but I might have to push that off a little longer and write about my fabulous trip to the flea market last weekend (Jess and Rachel in tow). This flea market was unlike any other – huge, spectacular, and full of treasures for each individual. It really reminded me just how much there is a market/audience for just about everything in life.

Although the event opened at 5am (holy cow), we left home around 6:30am which put us at the Long Beach Veterans Stadium around 7am. It was a very overwhelming experience at first due to the fact that it seemed like everyone there was on a mission to find their very specific knack. We were also the only ones who did not come prepared with a cart for lugging our purchases around – nonetheless we made multiple trips out to the car.

The morning resulted in a few purchases – vintage blue mason jars, seltzer water crates, and a vintage Louis Vuitton speedy (along with a gift for my mom which I cannot disclose).



As of now, my mission for the next flea market trip is vintage luggage. The photo below shows exactly the look I am going for!


2 comments:

  1. fun! when/where is this flea market? i wanna go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is the 3rd sunday of each month! there are other locations throughout the month but this one is by far the closest - http://www.longbeachantiquemarket.com/
    my advice - get there early - it becomes quite crowded around 9am!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs