Thursday, January 6, 2011

headboard heaven

Well my friends – today I really wanted to blog about mantels. You see, I am going through crazy Christmas decoration withdrawals. My house looks so naked I can hardly bare it (no pun intended)….especially my mantel. I just adore a good holiday mantel and now mine feels cold and empty. Therefore, I have been looking for some great mantel decoration inspiration but alas – NOTHING.

I have a feeling that my mantel project is going to take some time but stay tuned because I'm certain that I will one day conquer what currently seems impossible! So, in the meantime I thought I would share one of my favorite accessories. Okay okay, I know that headboards are considered furniture but I personally consider them to be statement pieces. You know – like accent furniture!

I have always dreamed of having an elaborate or unique headboard – like, something that catches your eye when you walk in the room. It would be the piece of furniture that everyone asks about, but for me does not exist yet. Therefore, I thought I would post a few that inspire me – whether for their lushness, uniqueness, or simple elegance!

1 comment:

  1. Brett and I want one like the third one down: cushioned and tufted so it's functional while making a statement without overpowering the room. We've been looking and haven't been able to find one yet. It's tough.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs