Wednesday, January 5, 2011

slice of heaven

As a follow up to my previous post I want to add that I have 2 more New Year's Resolutions (I hope I can keep up with all of these)! One of them should be relatively simple for me – that being…..blog at least 3 times a week. I wish I were that person who could routinely blog each and every morning. I wish it was as much of a habit as checking my email. However, as my mornings progress (whether at home or work) I always get distracted with things that take my attention away from blogging! Therefore, 3 times a week is certainly doable!

My next resolution is slightly silly but definitely cheery! It is going to propose a bit of trickiness with my Lilly Bug but HOPEFULLY I will be able to figure it out. This my dear friends is flowers (yes, Lilly eats them)! Nothing lights up a room and makes smile quite like a fresh floral arrangement! Call me crazy but I've always thought that a home with fresh flowers each week is a happy home. It's a little slice of heaven that brings nature and creativity into a home. So, not only do I want to have fresh flowers each week (most affordable at the farmers market) but I so dearly desire to become a much better arranger. My skills are okay but nothing close to my fond friend Lisa on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Now there is a woman with killer skills….and taste might I add!

Like most people, I'm inspired by colors of the season. But…..even more so I am inspired by textures. Therefore, I just adore arrangements with a little extra spice – that being willow, succulents, shells, or even feathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs