Thursday, October 28, 2010

a chilling thought

I'm not going to lie….Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays (although it is the fav of my BFF Nikki). BUT what I do love is that Halloween shares one thing in common with Christmas – the opportunity for tacky or classy décor. Of course we know where I opt to fall in the spectrum, but I will for once and for all vow to never be the mom who puts up colored Christmas lights or gruesome graveyard figures. I've never understood why some people feel the need to go overboard with holiday decorations as though they are somehow
enjoyed more than a few simple, well thought out, classy arrangements. This doesn't mean that every house has to be cookie cutter perfect, but I would encourage you to decorate for the holidays based on your existing home style.

When it comes to holiday decorations I typically think to myself, "what would Martha do?" On a side note, those of you who know me best know that I wake up each morning, open my closets, and think, "what would Rachel wear (previously known as what would Olivia wear)?" Just think, if Martha wouldn't put it on her table or in her yard then you should probably reconsider your purchase or placement.

It's simple really: Does your holiday décor enhance the existing feeling of your home or does it look like the local Walmart threw up all over your front yard? Of course this is all just skimming the surface of how I really feel, but since we are only on our first of three holidays I figured this might be the most friendly way to warm up to my blunt opinions.

Below are a couple of my personal recommendations:

Stay tuned for holiday pics from my own home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs