Wednesday, December 22, 2010

long overdue

I am in desperate need of updating my blog with photos of my own house. However, every day when I get to work and find time to blog I realize that once again I need to take some pictures.....and since today is my last day at work before the holidays I am kind of stuck with crummy (and outdated) pictures from my phone. These of course are all pictures that I have texted my mom at one point in time, but hey it's better than nothing!
It is because of my two best friends who live in Dallas and DC that I am posting these not so good and random pictures of my house. So......Nikki and Debbee.......this is for you!

This is the bar that sits between the dining and living room!

I have open shelves that run across the entire length of my kitchen (I will have to post a better picture so you can understand the layout of my kitchen - but it's very open). The shelves below have all white items on the top and have all candy jars on the bottom. I love the candy jars because it adds such a whimsical feeling to a modern kitchen and great contrast against the stainless steel counter tops!
Below you see the white continue on the top (from the picture above) and then continued by all clear glasses. The bottom shelf reflects my recent obsession with antique glasses (courtesy of my mother)!

These last two photographs are pictures from my room. The pictures above my bed are vintage calendar prints which I adore and use throughout my home. However, the best part of my room is the closet which I course I don't have any pictures of. It is my favorite part of the house as the closet doors are from the original Ralph Lauren store at Fashion Island. When the store closed they had an auction and the previous owner purchased the doors for the closet. Stay tuned as I will surely post more about them one of these days!

As many of you know I have a total mirror obsession. There are mirrors in every room of my house! Mirrors not only make spaces look larger but they also add a hint of glamour to something as simple as a wall or hallway. This huge mirror in my room helps add character and contrasts against the chic closet mirrors which extend the length of an entire wall (j'adore)!
That's all for now folks! I know this is has been very random, but hopefully I have made two friends of mine very happy!

2 comments:

  1. FI-NAL-LY!!! I'm so excited to see your house and am DYING to see your Ralph Lauren closet doors! What a score! I love your open kitchen shelving, too. I don't have cool enough stuff for open shelving, but yours looks great! What kind of candy is in your candy jars???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bar! Also, don't forget the best part of mirrors everywhere is that you can enjoy the beautiful view that everyone else is privy to all day long! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs