Thursday, December 16, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things

While St. Patrick's Day and 4th of July are my favorite holidays there is just something about Christmas. It is the contagious energy in the air, the way people smile at you at just the moment you need it, and the spirit of giving. There is truly nothing like Christmas time.

If I were to have Julie Andrews sing a song of my favorite things they would definitely include: peppermint hot chocolate, cozy homes with fires, walks on brisk nights, twinkling holiday lights, decorating sugar cookies, canned food drives, crisp wrapping paper, silver candles that glisten, letters to Santa, Christmas tree lots, generous spirits, sending cards to loved ones, Mariah Carey music, making beef stew, attending festive parties, endless surprises, and of course snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes!

This is the time of year where spirits are high, hearts are generous, and if you watch closely enough people just may surprise you! It is all of these things that have led to a fabulous week and what will be a perfect Saturday. After a very competitive food drive at work (winner has yet to be determined) I am looking forward to a Saturday full of photographing my house for this blog, making beef stew, making and decorating sugar cookie, making and packing granola for my dear friends, wrapping gifts, making peppermint hot chocolate, watching Love Actually, and attending the annual Christmas Boat Parade. Since the weather will be cold, dreary, and rainy…..I think this is just what the season has ordered.

With pictures in the works of my decorated home, I figured I would leave you with a few of my inspirations…..
But above the cookies and decorations, presents and lights......the most important thing to remember is that Jesus is the reason for the season. The season of laughter, cheer, grace, and glee! Happy Birthday Jesus.......thank you for your birth, love, and sacrifice!

1 comment:

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs