Thursday, November 18, 2010

dates on a calendar

Sometimes the things that inspire me most are not tangible things at all but instead dates on a calendar. At this particular moment in my life that date for me is tomorrow – the day the original gossip girls reunite!

Tomorrow afternoon I will land in Dallas where I will be greeted by my BFF Nikki! I know this may not seem like a big deal to most people (that's fine I get it), but when you are used to working with a person, drinking margaritas with them every Wednesday, and buying the same clothes as them the 1,300 mile distance becomes unbearable. Therefore we intend to do the very things together that we used to….back in our gossip girl days (of course I am Blair and Nikki is Serena). Although I must add that when we took our gossip girl quizzes I actually ended up with Serena and Nikki with Blair – who would have thought!

So back to dates that make us happy! They seem like simple markings on a paper or perhaps a computer but they are in fact driving forces in our lives. Sometimes they are the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes they are the drive to finish decorating your home, or in my current case…..the drive to clean your home! My wonderful family is coming in town for the holiday week and I cannot wait!

And then there is my sister! Today is the date that has been on her calendar for what seems like forever. The date that drove her to pass her Pharma exam (she will be mad that I don't know the exact name) so that she could go to the Harry Potter premiere tonight!

1 comment:

  1. YAY S&B!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo!! See you tomorrow, friend!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs