Monday, November 15, 2010

kitchen krazed

I've always had a love for cooking....even as a young child. I believe I was 11 years old when I asked for a crepe pan for Christmas – I mean really?!?! So of course to this day I naturally gravitate towards any kitchen I can get my hands on.

I have a fabulous modern-vintage kitchen at home, so that combined with the amazing fall weather has given me an itch to cook more than ever. I constantly find myself on the Food Network website searching for the latest beef stew, chicken chili, or pumpkin bread recipe. This need to cook has thus spiraled into a continuous daydream about what my ideal kitchen would look like and function as.

This however brings me to realize something about myself. For the first time in my life I don't really know what I want. I'm in this limbo stage in just about every aspect of my life which is both exciting and eye-opening all at once. It's almost like I have no expectations for anything so I am therefore open to everything. I've always been so stubborn in my ways that I haven't left much room for interpretation or opinions, and for the first time I am realizing that I truly do find happiness in just about everything.

Of course this was all brought about on my quest for the perfect kitchen. Turns out when you are in limbo (as I'm choosing to call it) there is no perfect kitchen. This of course makes my search that much more interesting as I am drawn to so many different materials, looks, moods, and everything else that a kitchen encompasses. Therefore, I have selected a few (okay maybe a few more than a few) kitchens that make my heart smile!


love: lighting. banquet. chic bar stools. curtains. antiqued cabinets. beige subway tile.
love: robins egg cabinets. secret door to office space. butcher block island.

love: stone arch. accented back splash. dark floors. ceiling beams.

love: exposed brick, blue tile, lustrous cabinets. round table. contemorary lighting.
love: white subway tile (duh). sleek lines. stainless hardware. contrasting counters.

love: contemporary red stools. traditional chandelier. stainless appliances. rustic farmhouse table.

love: mustard/white tiling. marble countertop. teal cabinet interior.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jillian!

    Love your blog! Great visuals, excellent writing.
    Hope you're doing well!

    ~Suzanne Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all! You need to post a pic of YOUR fabulous modern vintage kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs