Tuesday, November 16, 2010

kids corner

There are two types of women in this world: women who dream of one day becoming a mom and woman who eventually embrace having children as a means of creating a family. I however am the first woman (by default only). The one who has dreamed about how I would decorate my daughter's room or how I only want boys because I want them to love me forever. Aside from constantly changing my 'reserved baby name list,' I am always looking at clever way to decorate for children.

As a creative child myself I would have loved an art room or play station like the one below. A place to draw, paint, create, and live within my own imagination. Although most families have bonus rooms I feel they are rarely capitalized on to create a full kid zone. I get it though….kids grow up so fast and what was once impressive to a 6 yr old is no longer impressive to a 9 yr old. Still, how can you not look at these creative spaces and fall in love?!?

This is by far my favorite craft corner! Can you say obsessed?!?!

I adore tents in playrooms and especially love this one!

Simply deliighted by the cubbies, chalkboards, play island, and use of storage bins!

This bright latern light cluster is simply luminous! How colorfully clever!

This space is simply sweet and relaxing. Oversized animals are always a plus!

3 comments:

  1. I'm girl number two, but I adore kid rooms. They are so fun. I especially love numbers three and four above. You're going to love this book I have called Room for Kids: it's just all photos of kids' rooms. Check out this one I saw on a design blog recently:

    http://freshome.com/2010/10/28/the-perfect-boys-bedroom-by-perianth/

    I want this room now--for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I exactly got what you mean, thanks for posting. And, I am too much happy to find this website on the world of Google. KIDS KORNER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! KIDS KORNER

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs